By Victoria Falk, Special to Workers World Today
Summer is here and the timing is right for a great vacation with the family. Cruises are your ultimate, all-inclusive vacation and present a variety of options to satisfy your entire family. Here are the top 5 reasons:
- There is no need to limit your family to one travel destination. Select a cruise that stops at three or four different ports and wake up on a different island each day. Imagine being in Jamaica on Monday, Cayman Islands on Tuesday, Mexico on Wednesday, and Bahamas on Thursday. You may also consider sailing from New York to Orlando, where you can spend the day in Disney World, before heading to Nassau, Bahamas and then Freeport, Bahamas. The possibilities are endless.
- There are a variety of ways to save money when booking a cruise vacation. Most cruise lines regularly offer discounts for seniors and during the summer months you’ll find additional offers for children 11-years-old and under to sail free. Therefore, invite the grandparents and treat all of the children. There is no need to leave any of your family members behind. There are discounts for past guests, military personnel, and more.
- All meals, activities, and entertainment provided on board the ship are included in the cost of the cruise. Gratuities are also included, and you get to choose whether to pay them before you set sail or at the end of the cruise. However, tipping during the cruise is not necessary. Therefore, you can focus on enjoying your vacation with your family, without having to worry about a bill.
- There is something fun for the whole family to do, regardless of their preferred activity level. You don’t have to spend your precious time trying to figure out what you’re going to do each day because the cruise lines have already planned daily activities to satisfy a variety of activity levels. For those family members who enjoy quiet time, there is a library, a lounge, and/or a serenity deck on the ship waiting for them. For those family members who are sociable, there are games, contests, and parties for them. For those family members who enjoy learning new skills, there are cooking classes, dance classes, and more. There is always something to do on the cruise ship and the cruise lines keep you aware of your choices daily. You can choose to participate in the activities offered by the cruise lines or you can go off and enjoy yourself on your own.
- The cruise lines also have you covered when you need a break from the entire family, while on vacation. Most cruise lines offer free child care and have specialized programs for teenagers. There is no need to feel guilty or be concerned when you want some alone time for adult fun while on the cruise ship. Bring your child to the daycare and let your teenagers spend the day in the arcade or at the teen club. Cruise staff is available to supervise your children and keep them safe, while you get to enjoy adult fun.
Victoria Falk is an award-winning CEO of Passionate Travel, Inc. Ms. Falk has used her travel business to encourage and assist others to live a happier, healthier, and more productive life through travel. Visit her website for more info: Passionate Travel, Inc.