As we move into the busiest travel season of the year, it is the perfect time to become a Certified Travel Agent and Destination Specialist. Many people think that summer vacation generates the most travel requests each year. However, it is the holiday season, beginning the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and ending a few days after New Year’s that gets most people traveling. According to the American Automobile Association, over 100 million people are expected to travel this holiday season.
- You don’t have to beg or convince anyone to travel. When you are considering ways to earn extra income, you also want to consider whether or not what you want to do is in demand. Travel is definitely in demand. People are already traveling. It’s just a matter of marketing yourself well so they know that you exist and why they should book travel with you.
- You get to have fun while earning extra income. Certified Travel Agents and Destination Specialists get offers for free and discount travel from major travel suppliers. There are numerous travel perks and benefits that allow you to enjoy a fun lifestyle while pursuing your career. Some of the perks are for the agent alone. However, there are perks and benefits you can also share with family members and friends.
- Things you were going to do anyway, now become incredible tax advantages. That new cell phone, new laptop, new tablet become business equipment for your new online travel business. So, save those receipts and get a tax preparer who understands home-based businesses, so you can reap the benefits of the tax breaks afforded to people starting a new travel business.
- The internet changed the work of a Certified Travel Agent and Destination Specialist. Gone are the days when you have to sit in an office, waiting for customers to come in, to become a Certified Travel Agent and Destination Specialist. You’re able to have an online business, promote travel on social media, and build a profitable business without leaving home. Many people maintain full-time jobs and enjoy earning extra income on the side with travel. However, the earning potential with travel is great and you can also choose to make a career out of travel. The choice is yours.
- It’s time to stop saying that you “do travel” and legitimize your work. Some people say they “do travel,” and what they mean is that they’re the person in their particular social/family group who looks up trips and collects the money when they decide to travel. The tourism boards, travel suppliers, vendors, and yes – people looking to book travel – take you much more seriously when you’ve taken the time to perfect your craft and become a Certified Travel Agent and Destination Specialist. Some travel suppliers will not even entertain having a conversation with you if you are not a Certified Travel Agent or Destination Specialist. Would you want to give the hard-earned money that you’ve been saving for months for that great vacation to someone who tells you they “do travel,” or to someone that’s certified to book various types of travel and specializes in the particular destination to which you plan to travel? Go to www.nacc.nyc/travelagent and register today for the next Certified Travel Agent and Destination Specialist Course. Timing is perfect for this.
Victoria Falk is an award-winning CEO of Passionate Travel, Inc. Ms. Falk has used her travel business to encourage and assist others to live a happier, healthier, and more productive life through travel. Visit her website for more info: Passionate Travel, Inc.