New York NY/USA-March 15, 2020 The Apple store in Midtown in New York is closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (Shutterstock)
By THE CITY
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• To get regular updates on the latest developments regarding coronavirus in New York City, text COVID to 692-692. For updates in Spanish, text COVIDESP to 692-692. You will receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments.
• The main NYC Health coronavirus page contains information that includes prevention tips, a list of symptoms and links to various city sites with information pertaining to the crisis.
• The state Department of Health’s coronavirus page offers prevention information and links to multiple state resources. The state’s coronavirus hotline is 1-888-364-3065.
• Here’s the latest NYC Health + Hospitals patient and visitors policy.
• The federal Centers for Disease Control’s main coronavirus page has information on how to protect yourself and a sign-up to get email updates.
• The World Health Organization’s coronavirus hub offers guidance on multiple facets of the pandemic.
• If you are being harassed due to your race, nation of origin or other identities, call 311 or file a complaint online with the city Department of Human Rights.
• The FDNY offers an instructional video on safe storage of potentially flammable cleaning products.
• The city Department of Education coronavirus page contains the latest schools information and updates.
• The City University of New York coronavirus page offers updates as classes transition online.
• The State University of New York coronavirus page offers similar information for the state college system.
• The MTA’s coronavirus page offers service updates, prevention measures and other information.
• The city Taxi & Limousine Commission coronavirus page contains information geared toward drivers and fleet operators.
• The Port Authority’s coronavirus page offers basic information about local airports and its local bus and rail hubs.
• The World Health Organization provides ongoing travel advice.
• The New York State Court System’s coronavirus page includes updates on court operations, including juror service.
• The city Department of Correction site has very basic information geared toward people planning to visit city jails.
• The city Department of Housing Preservation & Development , the Department of Homeless Services and the New York City Housing Authority all link to the Department of Health coronavirus page. But all offer information of general use.
This story was originally published on [March 15, 2020] by THE CITY.”
Workers’ World Today is a free publication that empowers all workers, regardless of social or political affiliations. Distributed throughout New York City, our paper has a mission to educate workers and provide them with relevant information pertinent to the workforce such as workers’ compensation, discrimination on the job, workers’ rights, and more.