By Family Features
As families spend more time at home, Americans are finding comfort in recipes made using bread. In addition to the comforting flavor, this trend provides valuable nutritional benefits. As a part of many healthy eating plans, bread and pasta are nutritionist approved and provide nutrients needed for healthy aging such as B vitamins, magnesium, selenium, iron, folate and fiber.
Try this tasty recipe for Apple Cheese Dijon Delight, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories. Find more recipe ideas at GrainFoodsFoundation.org.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Apple Cheese Dijon Delight
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 slices honey oatmeal bread
- 6 thin slices Granny Smith apple
- 2 slices Brie cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices deli turkey
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spread Dijon mustard on one bread slice.
- Layer apple slices, Brie cheese slices, cheddar cheese slices and turkey slices.
- Spray panini press or grill with nonstick cooking spray. Add sandwich and grill each side 2-3 minutes.
Workers’ World Today is a free publication that empowers all workers, regardless of social or political affiliations. Distributed throughout New York City, our paper has a mission to educate workers and provide them with relevant information pertinent to the workforce such as workers’ compensation, discrimination on the job, workers’ rights, and more.