As we head towards the end of 2018, there are many people hoping for better days to come in the New Year. Each year millions of people compile their list of things they plan to accomplish for the New Year. Most common on people’s list of resolutions include: a desire to lose weight, save money, stop smoking, travel more, reduce stress, and spend more time with friends and family. Most people’s lists look similar each year because the resolutions are broken soon after they are made. However, studies show that of the most common resolutions that are made, the ones involving more travel are more likely to be accomplished.
Here are a few tips on how you can accomplish your travel goals for 2019:
- Focus on the benefits of travel. Travel makes people happier, healthier, and more productive, unlike the other previously mentioned resolutions where there is an activity that must be given up in order for there to be achievement. Travel adds to the person’s lifestyle and helps improve work-life balance.
- Imagine yourself there. Write down your travel goals and be specific. Don’t just say you want to travel more. Write down where you want to go, when, and what activities you’d like to do when you get there. Play out the fantasy of that awesome vacation in your head. If you can visualize yourself having fun in that location, you are more likely to make it there.
- Do your research. Gather information about your dream vacation. Find out how much it costs to stay at a quality hotel/resort and prepare your budget. Find out what special activities and events will be taking place when you plan to visit.
- Start a vacation fund. Save for this awesome vacation now so you’ll have money on hand when you see incredible travel deals. The best travel deals are time-limited so if you’re not financially prepared when the deals appear, then you will miss out. Save money on a continuous basis so you’ll be able to take advantage of those 2-for- the- price- of- 1 cruise deals and other great offers that are available this time of year.
- Get an accountability partner. Tell at least one other person your travel plans so you’ll have someone who’ll remind you, “You said this is the year you would definitely take a great vacation. What happened?” Even better, find an accountability partner with similar travel goals so they will have a vested interest in getting you to travel.
For more tips on how to achieve your travel goals and to get help booking your next great vacation, contact Victoria Falk, award-winning CEO of Passionate Travel, Inc.
Victoria Falk is an award-winning CEO of Passionate Travel, Inc. Ms. Falk has used her travel business to encourage and assist others to live a happier, healthier, and more productive life through travel. Visit her website for more info: Passionate Travel, Inc.